Friday, June 1, 2007

Today is Children's Day in China

Today is children's day in China and I celebrated by sending a care package to Meizi Meilin. I'm so excited! It will arrive at her orphanage in 6-10 days. I sent her a double fleece, fringe tied blanket that I made. It is so adorable! It has toddler and baby shoes and booties on it in bright pink, purple, green, red, orange and blue on a bright yellow background. I backed it with a bright yellow, solid fleece. She loves to sleep with a towel so I think she will love the fringes on her blanket! I also included a little "Corelle" Asian baby doll and a cloth, baby photo album filled with our family photos, the girl's room, our Jack Russel, "Rustie", the front of the house, the backyard with the kids on the wood, swing set and both sets of grandparents (Ye-Ye and Nie-Nie) I put two photos of Meizi Meilin on the 1st two pages so they know who the album and items go to. I sent a short sleeve, cotton legging set in white, mint green, pink and yellow with sparkly butterflies and a pair of matching anklets with little rose buds on them. SOOOO cute!

I was very down yesterday but sending the package today really lifted my spirits again;-) I also received a call from an employment agency that wants to meet with me on Monday for a receptionist position in Plymouth and the pay starts at a decent wage and the hours are great, Mon-Fri, 8am - 5pm! keep your fingers crossed for me and prayers wouldn't hurt either;-)

We are on day 38 in the wait for our LOA(Letter of Acceptance)from China to adopt Meizi Meilin and I read that another women received her PA (pre-approval) to adopt in a month and a half so maybe we will hear something in another couple of weeks!! I pray so!!!

Happy Children's Day, Meizi Meilin Rose! We miss you and love you and can't wait to hold you in our arms!! Wo Ai Ni! Meizi Meilin!( I love you)

No comments: