Sunday, June 10, 2007

Day 47! I GOT THE JOB! YEAH!!!!!!

It is day 47 in the wait for our "pre-approval" and "Letter Of Acceptance" to adopt Meizi Meilin Rose who is 18 mo. She will turn 19 months on the 24th of June and time is passing so quickly, she is getting older by the month and I want her home now! I'm tired of the wait and tired of being patient! I couldn't be one of the parent's that are waiting the 19 plus, months for a traditional referral for a healthy, Non-special needs baby. I'm not that strong or patient any more and Jade Lin and I are getting older by the month too. Hopefully this week will be the week we hear good news from our agency and we will be pre-approved to adopt Meizi Meilin!

I found out on Friday that I landed a job at OGI Frames in Golden Valley and am so thrilled! They are a small, but very impressive company that has been in business since 1995 and growing by leaps and bounds! They have expos in Paris, Germany, New York and Los Vegas and a distributor in Germany. There are two owners and one of the two owner's, designs the frames. I'm very impressed with the frames and his creativity since many people aren't creative, and being in the line of business that I am,(designing and custom sewing baby and children's comforters) I can appreciate his work. I will be working full time, Mon-Fri 9-5 and will have to keep up with my blogging and sewing in the evenings and on weekends, which I don't think will be too hard. I am a person that loves multi-tasking, being busy and being very organized. I don't procrastinate and when I put my mind to something, can accomplish anything. Pretty good traits for any company, my own business and for my family. I'm used to hard work and having more then one thing to accomplish, at one time so this will be right up my alley;-)

I finished a comforter set for my friend, who I hope doesn't read this till I give it to her this week;-) She is adopting a little three year old boy from China and should travel this summer to bring him home. She is decorating his room in a jungle theme and the comforter and sham set I made for him, turned out soooo cute. I chose a jungle print with monkeys, tigers, snakes, alligators and lots of trees. I chose orange ribbon to sew on the tiger's whiskers and backed it with orange flannel, to match her little boy's walls. I can't wait to see what she thinks of it.

I had my hair done yesterday, as soon as I heard I got the job;-) I wanted to look as young as I feel and the dark roots and gray weren't cutting it;-) I'm a ten year, younger looking strawberry blond for summer and feel so much younger! I love being pampered, twice a year. That's all that I can afford. Maybe, now that I'm working full time, I can afford it three times a year;-)

Hopefully, this is our week to hear some good news Meizi Meilin. I pray we hear soon that we will be bringing you home soon! Working full time will keep mommy very busy and will hopefully take mommy's mind off of the wait and aching for you.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Congrats on your Job...I know how badly you wanted it. I was just reading some of your posting. Tu is so wonderful and hope to see her again soon. I hope you get your delievery soon for Meizi..

Sue said...

The conforter that you made for Meizi is the same material as I made for my youngest two girls. Actually my sister made the quilts and my mom made the curtains. Love the material

Jade Lin and Meizi Meilin's mama said...

Thanks Sue for your interest in our blog and for your support of our adoption journey;-)
I love the material too! So perfect for little girls from China;-)
Blessings to you and your three, little angels!
Jodi