Friday, June 15, 2007

last week day that I will be home before starting full time work

I start full time work on Monday and today will be the last weekday that I'm home, unless I have to take a PTO day. I'm exhausted just thinking of it but excited to bring in a paycheck and contribute to our income too.

It is day 52 and I'm thinking of how to re-decorate the girl's room. I am having a custom made, wall mural made that I can paint myself. I'm having Elephantsonthewall.com
design it. I asked that they make me up a Chinese influenced, 2' wide mural with panda bears in bamboo, with butterflies and dragonflies flying round. I posted a photo of material that I have that I was thinking of having the mural designed after. It has a yellow backgound and I will be painting the girl's walls a dark pink on the bottom and a lighter pink on the top with a yellow ceiling so I'd like the mural to have a yellow background like the fabric. I think it will be sooo cute! I can't wait to start painting! It will feed my creative side and keep my hands and mind busy while we wait for Meizi;-)

I joined two new groups today. They are both groups for parent's that are adopting special needs children and are DTC or have a LID in April. It is nice to meet other parent's that are waiting for their Letters Of Acceptance and are adopting special needs children too. They sound like close groups and should be comforting and supportive.

I asked Scott if we should use part of Gao Shao Qiao's name, depending on what it means, for her middle name. I thought that Shaolin sounded pretty for a middle name but Scott thought it sounded like the Shaolin Monks. No wonder it sounded so familiar;-)

Happy Father's day to all the Baba's (Mandarin for Daddy) and Baba's that are waiting to become one;-)

No comments: