Sunday, June 24, 2007

My friend received her LOA after 109 days!!!

I just found out on Friday, after getting home from work that my friend received her letter of acceptance to adopt a little three year old boy from China! We traveled with her husband when we brought Jade Lin and their daughter home from China in 2002 and have become good friends. The girls have been in preschool together and dance since they were 4 years old. They should be traveling in August sometime. I'm so happy for them! She has waited longer then most, 109 days for her Letter of acceptance and I'm thrilled she finally received it! If we get our letter of acceptance this week or next, to adopt Meizi Meilin, we could be traveling together! We are with the same agency and it would be a dream come true, if we could travel with friends!

The letters of acceptance that were received by other families went up to April 19th, that I've heard of and I pray we get our call this week! My mother's birthday is on June 28th and our dossier to adopt Jade Lin, went over to China on her birthday, 5 years ago. It would be so special if we received our letter to adopt Meizi on the same day. One can only hope and pray.

I'm taking the kids to a movie today. We haven't done it for years, as a family and now that I'm finally working, full time, we can afford to do it and it is a nice reward for being away from home all week and the boys doing so well on their own;-)

No comments: