Monday, June 11, 2007

Our agencies DHL deliveries come at 11.00 am and 1:00pm

It is day 48 in the wait for our pre-approval and Letter Of Acceptance to adopt Meizi Meilin Rose, who will be 19 months on the 24th of June;-( Time is going so fast!
I have heard that other parent's received their pre-approval around day 47, so hopefully this will be our week for good news!

I can't stop thinking about our trip to China with Jade Lin. She was a year old when we traveled to bring her home and my memories of China and her adoption are helping me to make it through the wait for Meizi Meilin. I posted a photo of Scott and I with Jade Lin, next to the Yangtze River in Wuhan. We were at a new park that was being built and drew quite a crowd in Wuhan. They aren't used to seeing Americans there, and Americans who are adopting Chinese babies. Chinese people were coming up to our Liason, Tu and asking her "What are all the Americans doing with Chinese babies"? When she told them we were adopting them and bringing them home to America, they replied that "Our babies were going to heaven" and "Our babies were so lucky and blessed". I asked Tu to tell them that we are the lucky ones. The Chinese people have asked Tu why we want to adopt Chinese babies when we have children of our own? I'm sure that there was some mistrust. Tu after meeting families from America and working with them for years, to bring their children home, can see how loved these children are and there are no other reasons then to love these children, and we do, so much!

I have four beautiful grandchildren, ages 11, two are 6 years and my youngest granddaughter is 2 1/2. I can't wait to see Meizi Meilin playing with my grandchildren. There are no better or happier moments in my life then to be with my children and grandchildren;-)Soon, Meizi baby, soon, you will be home with your big, loving family. What a journey that awaits for you;-)

No comments: