Tuesday, June 5, 2007

In a half hour it will be day 43 in our wait for our LOA

It is 11:36 pm and I can't sleep. In a half hour it will be day 43 in the wait for our letter of acceptance to adopt Meizi Meilin Rose and I wonder if tomorrow will be the day that we receive good news from our agency on our pre-approval to adopt her.

I'm watching the CD with the photos of her orphanage, the surrounding town, countryside and village with the parks, open markets, eating establishments and other stores and city buildings, knowing that Meizi Meilin is waiting in that orphanage for us. I wonder how many nights this CD will help get me through the wait and help me to drift off to sleep, dreaming of her? I purchased it from Asia Threads and it was worth every cent to have a record of where she was born. Who knows if we will every be able to take her back, so she will always have this to treasure when she starts to ask questions about where she came from and where she was born.

I look at the Chinese people in the photos and wonder could one of them be her biological family members? She quite possibly could have older siblings. The temples and parks are so beautiful and it saddens me that we won't see them when we travel to China to bring her home. We will most likely land in Beijing, if we don't cut our trip short and fly into Hong Kong and right to Guangzhou. We didn't see the Great Wall when we traveled to bring Jade Lin home and we always regretted it so we want to make sure that if we fly into Beijing from Tokyo, that we see it. There is a photo of a Christian church in the Gaozhou CD and we are surprised to see it. We didn't think there were any churches in China and it is a nice surprise. We still have so much to learn about China and the villages where our girls came from. Their Villages are a mix of old and new and the comparisons are dramatic. The housing is old and worn but you can tell, respectfully and pridefully taken care of. The orphanages are new and modern which gives me great comfort. The 1st photos I saw of the orphanage, it must have been laundry day because all the cribs were bare except for wood sheets for mattresses. The next photos I saw, the cribs were all filled with what looked like puffy, comfy feather beds.

My posts on this blog are quite long sometimes and I have to apologize, but it is my release and it tires my mind from running a thousand miles a minute;-)

It's now officially 12:09 am and the 43rd day in the wait for our LOA and I think of my oldest daughter, Magan, who is a wonderful mother and daughter. It was because of her that I wanted another daughter to love and raise and why we are adopting Meizi Meilin. She gave me three beautiful grandchildren. I have a little red haired spit fire, sweet as pie, granddaughter from my oldest son, James, who lives in ND. I am truly blessed.
I have a job interview in the morning so I'm going to bed and will hopefully dream of all my children and grand babies ( I was young when I started);-)

No comments: