Saturday, May 5, 2007

Today we are on day 11 on the wait for our Letter Of Acceptance

Today is the 11th day of our wait for our Letter Of Acceptance to adopt Meizi Meilin. We have been told and have seen the the average wait for this letter is two months. It seems like we have known our daughter for years when it has only been one month. She is one month older and we are one month closer to bringing her home. I am grateful and blessed to be able to share my thoughts on this blog! It is very comforting and helps me to focus on the journey that is ahead. I received my first reply on Meizi Meilin's blog and I lovingly read it and memorized it. It is so heart warming to have the loving support and encouragement of other parents that are adopting. Their positive remarks keep me sane through the long wait. We are all in the same boat, all sharing the same milestones and are all counting down the steps and days that bring us closer to our children. I would be lost without these groups of kind people and am sharing a bond through the internet that I never imagined could be possible. There are people all over the world who are wishing and praying for Meizi Meilin which makes me feel connected on a whole other level. Praise God for these people, they along with my faith will be what carries me through till I can have Meizi Meilin in my arms. Scott and the boys are on a camping trip with the Boy Scouts this weekend and Jade Lin is napping which leaves me to my thoughts and dreams of Meizi Meilin. Jade Lin asks me weekly, "when will Meizi Meilin be here"?. To her 6 months is a life time. How do you explain to a five year old that there are many parents waiting to bring their child home and we have to wait our turn? She is ever the optimist and her love for her sister burns bright and steady. She is very protective of her little sister already. If anyone says something about Meizi Meilin's photo that she feels isn't 100% loving or positive, she says, " That is my little sister and she is cute and you need to be nice to her!" Jade Lin is forming a life long bond with Meizi Meilin just from a photo, just as we did with her. It is mystical and magical!

No comments: