Thursday, May 17, 2007

Day 23 in the wait for our LOA

Today is day 23 in the wait for our LOA (Letter Of Acceptance) to adopt Meizi Meilin Rose who is 18 months old and waiting for us in China. I have her photo beside the computer so she gives me inspiration when I'm job hunting and on my sewing machine when I'm custom making my designs and comforters. She is what's keeping me going and my faith that she will be our daughter and we will bring her home from China. The wait seems like it is taking forever when the months are really flying by but when you are counting down the days and waiting for something so important, it seems like time stands still while the world keeps spinning around you.
I received a copy of our home-study for Meizi Meilin's life book today and Heather, our social worker did a fantastic job at describing our family, home and loving, nurturing, caring life style. She described us to a "T" when it came to devoting our selves to our children and marriage. I hope that our home-study translates to show how loving and nurturing we are as parent's and a couple and how much we want and love Meizi Meilin.
Four months to possible travel doesn't sound like so long, in fact it puts me in a panic when I hear it but when you are counting every day of that four plus months, it seems like a life time.
I can only hope and pray that with summer vacation almost upon us, the two boys and Jade Lin will keep me so busy that I won't dwell on the wait. If I find a full time job this summer, I know the summer will fly by and I won't have much time to enjoy it but that is the sacrifice I'm willing to make for peace of mind that we will have enough money to take Jade Lin to China and hopefully Kelly too, who is 13 and so excited about traveling to China. Jesse, our 12 year old son, has no interest in going. He is a home body and loves staying with his Aunt Michele who has a son his age. I wonder if he will regret not going when he is older, if he has the chance.

I'm still praying we receive an up-date on Meizi Meilin's growth and developement with photos. Her report is 9 months old as are the photos we received. I'm sure she has grown and changed drastically. Little ones change so much at this age that I'm praying for photos soon and a new weight on her so I can guess at what size clothing to pack for her. Something so little as a new photo and weight would mean the world to us and keep me dreaming while we wait to bring her home.

I bought my self a Mothers Day Gift and sent for a CD from Asia Threads of Meizi Meilin's orphanage, the surrounding town and village and buildings in the village. I can't wait to receive it and remember the impact seeing the spot where Jade Lin was found and the village, had on me. I was moved to tears and over whelmed, not expecting such an emotional reaction. I was so moved by the beautiful mountains and Yangtze River that flowed through Jade Lin's birth village and remember thinking they were born and bred into her and flowed through her veins. Her love of climbing, water and the outdoors surely came from those mountains and river. These photos will always be priceless to us and we are so thankful and grateful to have them. I warn parents to be prepared for the emotional reactions they may bring. I have never been so grateful to be Jade Lin's mother.

No comments: