Saturday, May 5, 2007

4-24-07 Our letter of Intent is received in China and so is our dossier!

Another amazingly, exciting day in our adoption journey. Today is a another milestone in bringing Meizi Meilin Rose home! Our dossier is logged in and our letter of intent is received in China!! Now we wait the estimated two months till we have our LOA ( Letter Of Acceptance). This is a very important letter. It says China has accepted us to adopt Meizi Meilin Rose and we are approved to be her new parents. What wonderful words those will be to read, we are accepted and approved to adopt our little angel! There are no sweeter words then those, except for the first time your little one says, "I love you"! I dream all day, everyday of Meizi Meilin Rose. I am barely getting my sewing and house work done. I long to hold her in my arms and the five months that have passed since we decided to adopt have seemed like years. I know the hardest wait is yet to come, waiting for our approval to travel and waiting to get on the plane to bring Meizi Meilin Rose home! Again I have to turn to God and have faith that all will work out the way he has planned. Faith that Meizi Meilin was meant to be our daughter and us her parents. Faith that we will one day soon, hold her and love her. I am blessed to find a group of wonderful, loving parents that have adopted little girls from Meizi Meilin's orphanage. They warmly and excitedly welcome me into their group and the information I learn from them about how their girls were taken care of and what the nannies and orphanage was like, is priceless! A women has just returned from the orphanage with her 8 yr. old daughter and tells me she thinks she has a recent photo of Meizi Meilin! There are two baby and toddler rooms connected with a play room and only one toddler had crossed eyes and fit Meizi Meilin's age. She asks if I would like to see the photo and e-mails me the picture. I am so grateful and tell this kind women that we will be eternally grateful and she has made our year. I call her "Our Angel". Her name is Donna. The same name as my mother, which seems very fitting;-)

No comments: