Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Today was a very exhausting day but a hopeful one

Today I drove my mom home to Alexandria, MN. I brought her down to see Jade Lin's dance recital Mothers Day weekend and she loved it;-) It is a 2 hour drive up and a 2 hr. drive back and a challenge with a 5 year old in the back seat. I'm exhausted and wonder how will we survive a 16 hour plane flight to China with a 5 year old. I have decided that no expense will be spared on sewing cards, tracing books, markers, crayons, chalk and a chalk board and "Color Forms", a MP3 player with a little girls favorite songs and new surprises she wasn't expecting, also a medication for mama's flying anxiety and I should be good to go;-) My doctor only gave me three of these wonder pills (Xanax)to get me through a 7 flight itinerary, last trip to bring Jade Lin home and gave me Valium, which I never took because we had Jade Lin by then and I didn't know how Valium would affect me. My poor husband, Scott, took the fall-out from my anxiety and I almost broke his hand on every take-off and landing. If there was any bad weather, I was sure to hold on to Jade Lin for dear life with one hand and had my hooks into Scott with the other hand. Usually Scott loves to fly and it is his favorite part of the trip but I was so nervous that I actually made him sick;-(
Needless to say, I'm exhausted from the trip today to Alex and was rewarded by ending the day with a trip to the dentist to get my gums scraped. I can't describe this cleaning any other way. It isn't a cleaning but a form of torture and my mouth is still sore;-( I only got through it by closing my eyes and dreaming of Meizi Meilin Rose and the moment we will first meet her and get to hold her. That dream is carrying me through all of my toughest days and again Meizi Meilin Rose has no idea how much she means to us.
Still it was a hopeful day because an angel on my "Loving China's Children" group, re-worded my resume for me out of the goodness of her heart and I'm confident that I will have renewed interest in my resume ,which I have faith, will lead to an interview and job position. I can't thank you enough Charlotte! Your an angel!

No comments: