Saturday, May 5, 2007

2-25-07 Chinese New Years Celebration

2-25-07
We went to the Chinese New Years Celebration, given by the FCC-Midwest group. It was at the Fair Elementary school in Crystal, MN. We met two families we traveled to China with. It was such a surreal day. There were hundreds of Chinese children and their families there. Again, I was studying the little girls and wondering if our daughter would resemble any of the girls there. I was dreaming the whole time we were there and I was suppose to be selling my comforters and blankets to raise money for our adoption. I couldn't keep my mind on the task at hand. I was so awestruck by the beautiful children and dreamt of holding our daughter in our arms. Jade Lin had a fantastic time. There was a Chinese puppet show, Chinese dance troup, a Chinese acrobat group, face painting, crafts and Chinese story telling, a great time was has by all! I kept thinking next year, we would be attending the CNY celebration with our new daughter;-);-)

No comments: