Monday, May 7, 2007

Day 12 of our Letter Of Acceptance to adopt Meizi Meilin

Today is day 12 in the wait for our Letter Of Acceptance from the CCAA (Chinese Center of Adoption Affairs). A women I don't know who read this blog, ordered one of my fleece blankets. Meizi Meilin and our adoption story and journey is touching people and it is so wonderful to see!
I read on one of my China groups that a couple received a referral from China only to be turned down because the husband was on Anti-depressents. The new regulations started May 1st but I heard the dossiers received before that day would be gone over very carefully too. Our dossier was logged in on 4-24-07 so we beat the May 1st deadline which may not make a difference any way. We are not on any kind of Anti-depressent medications and are within all the new guide lines but still this story buts a flutter in my stomach. My mind goes back to when we adopted Jade Lin in 2002 from China. The day that we received Jade Lin we were given a couple of hours to make sure she was truly the baby we were referred and that we were certain we wanted to adopt her. I stayed in our hotel room with Jade Lin while my husband, Scott went to fill out the paper work, which was my job up until that moment. When we were asked how many children we had, he should have said three but he added my two grown children from a previous marriage that our agency said we didn't need to list. When we got to our interview the next day with the officials at the Civil Affairs Department, they questioned how many children we had, even our Chinese liason that worked with our agency didn't know about my two grown children from a previous marriage. All was fine after I explained that they were grown children, not living at home, from a previous marriage but when we got back to the hotel room, I had an anxiety attack, I had never experienced this before. I was terrified that someone was going to knock on our hotel room door and take back our baby! I will make sure this time that my husband knows how many children to put down on the final adoption papers. I can't take for granted that Meizi Meilin Rose is really ours till we receive our PA (Pre-approval) and LOA to adopt and I won't rest easy till Meizi Meilin is in our arms and all the paperwork is finished. My prayer today is that we are approved to adopt Meizi Meilin and China finds no fault with us or reason to deny us. We so love this little girl already and if this were to happen, we would be devastated! Our family and friends have bonded with this little girl just by a small photo and a letter about her personality, sleeping habits, eating habits, likes and her dislikes. We have only known her for a month and it feels like she has been our daughter forever. I know this is hard to understand, it is even harder to explain. It is one of God's miracles that parent's all over the world are falling in love with children from a "Stamp-size" photo;-) It just shows how loving the human race is, how accepting and much these children are wanted.
Mama's prayer is for you today Meizi Meilin. I'm praying the CCAA can see how much we love you, care for you, and want you and will grant us our LOA to adopt you soon!

1 comment:

Char said...

It may be a hard to express emotion but you did very well. :)