Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Day 29 in the wait for our Letter Of Acceptance to adopt and I'm back to sewing!!

It is day 29 in our wait for our letter of acceptance to adopt Meizi Meilin and I'm back to sewing, thank God!! I finished a twin size comforter set for a mother in WI, for her year old son. It is so adorable! She chose a vintage baseball print that I backed with the softest bright blue flannel. I sewed bright blue ribbon and maroon ribbon on the flags that are flying from the baseball stadium. So cute! I will have to post a photo of it. Today I'm finishing a double fleece, fringe tied, twin blanket that has stars and panda bears on it in red, blue and yellow. I bought yellow fleece to back it with and I know the mom that ordered it will be surprised and very happy with it. She asked to be surprised and I can't wait to hear how she likes it. I also just received an order for one of my doll comforters out of the "China girl" print that I posted a photo of. I know it will be so adorable when it is finished.

My blankets and comforters have been keeping me busy but I did check out the airfare for our travel yesterday and I was very surprised. It has gone up so much since we traveled in 2002, I don't know if we will have enough money to take Jade Lin. Even with the Northwest adoption fare discount, we are looking at over 2,000.00 for Scott and I each and between 1800-2,000.00 for Jade Lin who is five. We are praying to travel before Meizi Meilin turns two or we pay a full adult fare for her too. If she is under two, she can sit on my lap and it is a faction of an adult fare, about 250.00.
Still no up-date on Meizi Meilin's growth and development. I did receive 143 photos of her home town, surrounding village and country side and orphanage. The photos are priceless and very emotional. There are photos of Chinese people eating outside, working in the open markets, going to work on bikes and shopping. I couldn't help but wonder if any of the people or children in the photos could be her biological family members. The surrounding country side and housing looks very poor but the new buildings, like the hospital, new orphanage, bank, library, Civil Affairs Department, Police Station and schools looked very modern and gave me some comfort that she is being raised in a beautiful town with gorgeous parks, temples, court yards and squares. I hope that the nannies are able to take the babies outside to the beautiful park nearby. Thoughts like these carry me through the long wait till we can bring hold Meizi Meilin Rose. I'm praying for our letter of acceptance and travel approval to come soon!

No comments: