Friday, October 5, 2007

Just hours before travel to bring Meizi Meilin home!

Well, it's 4:56am on Friday morning and I have been awake for hours. I'm the only one up because of the storm. Flights were delayed by more then three hours on Tuesday due to the weather and I'm afraid the same thing will happen today. If we are delayed we will miss our connecting flight from Tokyo to Guangzhou. I know we can take another flight but I just want to get some rest before we meet Meizi and we only left ourselves a day and a half to rest and regroup before getting her. I just want to be in China and make sure we are there to hold her on Monday!

We have been waiting so long for Meizi, since December when we started our adoption journey that it still seems so surreal that we are packing and just hours from traveling to bring her home. The long, long, long, long plane flight and leaving Jesse, Cory, Magan and James behind has me sad and anyone that knows me, knows that I worry. I know I will be ecstatic and so very excited, once we land in China but right now I really miss the kids. We are taking Jesse in to school late this morning to have breakfast together and to be near him, hug him and in case him with our love, and hopefully our reassurance. I bought an ecallChina, calling card so hopefully it will be much easier on him this time, knowing he can call us whenever he wants and talk to us as long as he wants.

I purchased a journal to record our journey, just as I did for Jade Lin. Writing has always comforted me and I know the girls will be so thankful to have their journals when they are older.

I'm hoping Scott can figure out how to add larger photos on the blog. They are so small now and I want to capture all the fine details when we hold Meizi for the first time, to share with everyone.

Please keep us in your prayers as we travel to bring our little Mei-mei home.
Blessings
Jodi

3 comments:

Monica said...

Congrats! You get Meizi on Reese's birthday!

Have fun!

Monica

Char said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Char said...

Waiting to hear how everything's going, we're so excited for you!! :) Prayers and big hugs,
Charlotte